Here's Thursday rundown:
Arrived in SF @ 8.45am, snagged the rental and we were off on SF Adventure #2.
First stop: Filipino Breakfast @ Lucky Chances, Longsilog and Topsilog - nasty burps all day but still so YUM!
Left there to snag some snacks for later @ Raymond’s. Yeah for authentic San Fran Sourdough bread!
Headed into the city to shop on Haight Street. Went to some cool stores like Upper Playground (they just opened in Seattle on the Ave), TRUE, and Loyal Army. Two hours of walking around… why'd I seriously just bought a book?
After that we headed to Alamo Park to see the famous “Painted Ladies” – yes friends – it’s the Full House houses. Turns out it’s a frequented photo opt so we had to duck and dodge a few non-friendly photo takers just to get a picture!

Last trip we discovered Japan town and Sophie’s Crepes – Nutella, fresh strawberries, and vanilla ice cream *drools* so we had to go back! Hands down the best crepe's I've ever had.
Next stop, a few of my fav photo opt places in SF, The Palace of Fine Arts first.

After that we went down Crissy Field to Fort Point. I was freezing my ass off w/ a hoodie and my NorthFace jacket, why were there really a ton of surfers in the bay?! I thought that’s why Alcatraz was so gangsta – the water was to f’in cold for anyone?! It was surreal watching these guys wait for a wave and take off. I was lucky to catch a few shots...

Yeah, that's really Alcatraz in the background?! Ironic... yes!After watching the surfers come way too close to the rocks a few times, we headed upwards to the actual Golden Gate bridge south viewpoint. I knew Kenji wanted to take some nice shots so I sucked it up and offered to walk on the bridge until the straight-away. OH SHIT! That was scary… traffic, buses, wind, and 200+ feet OVER the freezing water?! I was done in 10 minutes… But I can say I tried it! 
It was already 5:45 at this point and we’d been up since 4am – I was exhausted and hungry again so we decided to get out of downtown and head to our resting place for the weekend in Daly City; on the way we detoured and drove the entire waterfront along Embarcadero.

It was already 5:45 at this point and we’d been up since 4am – I was exhausted and hungry again so we decided to get out of downtown and head to our resting place for the weekend in Daly City; on the way we detoured and drove the entire waterfront along Embarcadero.
Met up w/ Vincent and Katrina to play the food game for a bit. We ended up @ Kamameshi for dinner w/ Larissa. Unfortunately, baby Lucas and Miles were out for the evening and I’d have to wait to see them later.
Exhausted, I feel asleep on the couch trying to read an SF guide at 10:30.
hahahaha it was a good day one!
No comments:
Post a Comment