Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The World should be watching the G20 Summit...

... so why is everything that I see about the riots in London?

Does anyone remember 1999 and the WTO riots that plagued the streets of Downtown Seattle? I was a freshman in college and I remember talking about it in my World Communications class. I thought it was just a conference to discuss trade and economics. Did anyone really know what happened or what was accomplished in those meetings?

NO...

and why?

Because all you ever heard or saw about the WTO was the riots, the looting, and the protests. I like how the media spins it that way but then again - we all watch in fascination.

SO this year I took it upon myself to get educated about the G 20 Summit... here's a few links if you wanna do the same.

Who's there and why?

The G 20 website or you can read all about it on Wikipedia HERE

What you might expect to see from the G 20 Summit

No comments:

Post a Comment