Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Skillet Diner

Since I first bite into one of their hamburgers with the perfectly toasty buns - I have been a HUGE fan of Skillet Street Food.  I view them as one of the stronger influencing mobile food venues in the city.  They were very vocal about getting permits and encouraging the mobile food scene to unit on various occasions.  Last week they finally opened their much anticipated diner in the Capitol Hill Area.  I highly recommend you visit their new spot or try for the original and chase down the truck!  For those that are skeptical, I have 2 words for you... BACON JAM.  Yes that's right... I went there... Bacon Jam, a creation of the Skillet franchise and a favorite of Martha Stewart!

Here's an excerpt from their latest newsletter:


skillet       

street food|diner | bacon jam | catering
skillet diner news                                                                                            
so that was fun...! since we opened on wednesday we probably have served over 2500 folks at the diner, lets just say we are blown away by the response. Thank you so much for making this first week an incredible success. I can assure you that the bumps and bruises we all felt as we get to know the space, and flow are being worked out and adjusted on a minute by minute basis.
Additionally, thanks to Big B and the crew for there amazing work over the last few days...I have to tell you that we have assembled team AWESOME.
  
diner info  
-7am-12am  friday and saturday open till 2am
-breakfast served all day!
-coffee bar in the morning from 7-11am, included newspapers, pastries etc
-we'll be no longer accepting reservations, unless you bribe us with copious amounts of cash 
-our location is at 1400 E union, 98122
-website (soon to come) will be www.skilletdiner.com
-phone is 206.420.7297
-email eat@skilletstreetfood.com

thanks so very much for your support!!...hollah!! 


skillet street food news                                                                                      
-ok!...we heard you...the fried chicken sammy is going to be a summer mainstay on the street food menu...starting most likely next week, you should see it in addition to other tasty treats that we like to showcase in the summer months..(ie; crab cake po boy)

-also!  we'll be at chateau st. michelle this sunday from 12-4pm

menu and schedge for the shiny airstream trailer

the burger;  natural beef, arugula, bacon jam, cambozola, soft roll

braised duck leg "stew"  , kale caesar, asparagus, root vegetables

lemongrass pork sammy: cucumber cabbage slaw, cilantro aioli

poutine, hand cut french fries, gravy, herbs, cheddars

ginger orange iced tea

rhubarb apple crisp, with buttermilk brownsugar crumble  (tuesday-sat)



schedule this week may 25-31st maps and schedule  here

wednesday-bellevue/coinstar 11am-2pm   
thursday - bellevue 11am-2pm   
friday- fremont  11am-2pm
saturday- private event
sunday-chateau st. michelle 12-4pm
monday- off with our families!!
tues-starbucks/ SODO 11-2pm

skillet bacon jam news                                                                                         
-congrats to team bacon jam...you should see us in the bay area Costco's later this 
june !...so now you can get 2 gallons of peanut butter, a cooler and some bacon jam....now that's what I'm talking about...

have a great week...!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment