Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Ship Festival

I'm all about traditions and one that I am very proud of is the Argosy Christmas Ship Festival. The owners of the company are dear friends, no, family. This company has grown a lot since I worked there many years ago. The Christmas Ship Festival is like a floating parade. It has all the aspects, lots of people, music, lights, and a TON of holiday spirit.

Living in Seattle, there is a 1 to 8 ratio of boats to people. No really! I learned that at Argosy. For every 8 ppl in the city there is 1 boat. And with all the waterfront area's and lakes this is a beautiful way to celebrate the season and the city's parks.

I invite you and yours to take a moment out of your hustle and bustle of the holiday season and come watch. The Christmas Ship festival runs every single night from December 1st to the 23rd with 2 different waterfront performances. Each night features a different choir and different locations. Click the picture below and have a look for yourself.


Our tradition is to attend the largest and brightest night which is the finale on the 23rd. The best spot --> Gasworks park or anywhere on Lake Union. The entire lake is covered w/ lights from various boats w/ the Seattle skyline in the background it's definlty a sight to see. Join us :)Dress warm - it's Seattle afterall!

No comments:

Post a Comment