I heart the holidays! I know it’s the biggest increase in stress in most ppls lives. But at this point in time I’m just high on the holiday spirit. FINALLY. I realize there’s a lot of things that build that up for me. It starts out w/ the book… I’m sure most of you are laughing bc you know all about “the book”. I have a Christmas book/binder that comes out around the 2nd week of November and it stays out until the end of the year. It’s filled w/ all kinds of lists and ideas, dates, events, gift wrapping notes, recipes and addresses. By the end of the season it doesn’t really close anymore. It’s my holiday survival guide. I can trust it to keep me sane and “organized” in these busy weeks.
So I’m reaching into the book right now to present you with “Myra’s guide to get into the holiday spirit” for those that are lacking in the department. My first comments will be general and my suggestions will follow below… some might not make sense to you so just ask!
Drink something w/ Peppermint
Classic: white chocolate peppermint mocha, extra peppermint stirred w/ whip @ Starbucks
Start looking at “holiday event calendars” and pencil in dates to go see things.
Christmas Ships, Bellevue Holiday Lane, Zoolights, Gingerbread Lane, etc
Walk through Downtown and enjoy the lights and the hustle and bustle
Stare at the Macy’s star, see the Westlake tree, the carousel changes every year
Get your tree and decorations situated.
You’d be amazed how much lights and some old ornaments can memorize someone.
Listen to some holiday music
Nsync Christmas “oh Holy Night” AMAZING! Boyz II Men “Let it Snow” and The Home Alone Christmas Soundtrack
Browse online at “the seasons” hottest gifts online via google or msn.
Start updating your address book and addressing cards
Receiving cards in the mail might be old school but it’s still fun.
Jack Frost scent from Yankee Candle
Just go smell it!
Drop some change in the red bucket.
That pocket change you gave up to the guy that opened the Mall door for you goes a long way w/ the Salvation Army.
Start gift wrapping
Nothing says Christmas like tape stuck to your ars and ribbon bits in your hair as you lose your scissors 5 times under some tissue.
Watch some holiday movies
All time favorite: Home Alone 2: Lost in NY. Other suggestions: Santa Clause 1-3, Serendipity, The Holiday, A Christmas Story
Spend some time catching up w/ friends in general
Lots of ppl come home/head out, etc; a simple happy holiday greeting goes a long way. The more you say it, the more you hear it, thus the more you feel it.
Lastly, give more of yourself
Weather its donating winter cloths, volunteering at a food bank, or helping your mom w/ the dishes, things money can’t buy…
Happy holidays to you and yours and best wishes for the new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment