
On December 22nd, 2009; the world lost a wonderful woman. Mary Blackman was a pioneer in the Seattle travel industry, a volunteer worker, a philanthropist, a mom, faithful wife and business partner. Mary's partner in all aspects of life was her loving husband John. They had a storybook romance that is envied by anyone who knew them.
John and Mary hired me fresh out of high school to work for them 11 years ago. It was my first full time job and they took a risk hiring someone as young as me for a front office position. Their company was growing fast and I held on for the ride! What a time it was. I had the privilege to be with the company when the Royal Argosy went from being a dream of John and Mary's to a beautiful reality.
Tonight I boarded the Royal Argosy to pay my respects and say goodbye to this wonderful lady. Mary Blackman was a woman who always pushed you to do your best, aim higher, and believe in the goodness of people. I can only hope to one day find the hope, love, and courage she had.
The quote that I heard tonight that best fits Mary and her outlook on life - "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss.
Cheers to you Mary - you were always royalty to me!
John and Mary hired me fresh out of high school to work for them 11 years ago. It was my first full time job and they took a risk hiring someone as young as me for a front office position. Their company was growing fast and I held on for the ride! What a time it was. I had the privilege to be with the company when the Royal Argosy went from being a dream of John and Mary's to a beautiful reality.
Tonight I boarded the Royal Argosy to pay my respects and say goodbye to this wonderful lady. Mary Blackman was a woman who always pushed you to do your best, aim higher, and believe in the goodness of people. I can only hope to one day find the hope, love, and courage she had.
The quote that I heard tonight that best fits Mary and her outlook on life - "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss.
Cheers to you Mary - you were always royalty to me!
Mary's Obituary
No comments:
Post a Comment