Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Show me YOUR id!

I'm writing this out of rage and humor... not really sure which one takes precedence right now.
My office building is a mere 3 blocks from Seattle Pacific University. The fall quarter starts next week so there are TONS of students in the area trying to do registration, books, orientations etc. Even though our parking lot states "NO SPU parking" students do it anyway... thus w/ me having a 10.30am start time @ work, I have to hunt for parking. It's a pain in the ass but whatever, I'm used to it now. So, I get to my office area around 10.20 and start doing the loop to find an open spot... nothing. So I proceed to park next to our grassy knoll/park area by the canal. I didn't even turn my car off and 2 other cars are already parked in front of me. I gather my belongings, clip my key card to my pocket and lock up my car. As I'm walking to my building a burgundy civic gasses it through the lot and slams on her brakes... they wonder what those speed bumps are for?! sheesh! The driver rolls her window down and starts calling out to me "hey you! in the purple!!" I stop sipping my Macchiato and turn around and say "yes?" She then turns psycho on me and starts yelling from her car "can't you read!? there's no SPU parking here!" I laugh and say "I'm not a student, I work in the building!" and start to walk away. She leans out of her window "HEY! HEY! Show me your id!" Channelling the great scene from Higher Learning w/ a campus security guard and Ice Cube... I get angry and turn around and yell back "Show me YOUR id!" I pull on my key tag and yell again "I got your fucking ID!" Crazy lady then goes "There's no student parking! I'll have your car towed!" @#$%@$^&* what did i just tell her!? So I start walking towards her car w/ ID in hand and she gasses it! The parking lot isn't all that big so she can't go far very fast. So I start walking through the lot and I see her posted a few yards away. I see her looking at me in her rear view - I blatantly jot her license plate down, toss her a wave, and go into work. *shakes head* I got your id bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment