Friday, September 12, 2008

Vacation Day Seven: Santa Monica/Melrose redo

Woke up to an early morning call from Wendy - we missed her and she touched our hearts. Couldn't sleep so I got up and got ready pretty early. I was so freakin' hungry! Once Kenji and Neicey were ready to go we headed west towards Santa Monica. We passed Getty (I opted out from visiting it @ the last minute due to lack of a tripod and I was just plain lazy - I regret it now but I "saw it" in the distance). We hit the 3rd Street Promenade first and roamed the shops. My hunger on the best of me so we stopped in @ Cafe Crepe and grubbed down on some bomb bread and butter - so simple yet still so good- and some breakfast foods. We continued towards the Santa Monica Pier. It really is cute. Walked the shops and looked around the carnival ride/food area but just looked for the most part. I did manage to stick my foot in some of the sand but steered away from the water - it didn't look so "inviting or clean". Thus my California trip to a beach was done :) Niecey and I went shop shopping afterwards - DANGER! and we finished up the rest of the Promenade.


Most of this trip we've been really lucky w/ traffic and crowds bc we planned it out fairly well. Our luck ran out however. Friday afternoon on the I-10 was horrible - just at a minimum crawl. thank god for road snacks! We got to Beverly Ave and started to coast westward towards the Grove and Melrose. A building sign caught my eye as we waited in the traffic some more..."SBE" then I realized "BOLTHOUSE" whore Heidi from the Hills works there - as I'm telling Kenji who has no idea what I'm talking about, some d bag is sitting there reeving his engine like it's going to make traffic part for him. I roll my eyes and turn to give him a dirty look and realized it is a D bag! It's Spencer Pratt in his BMW. You fuck face! He wasn't even worth a picture.


We get to Fairfax Street and park and start our Westside tour of Melrose. Lots more shopping done @ Kidrobot (hi Amy Lee, another Seattlite relocated), Penguin, G Star, Burton, etc. I had the hardest time @ the Crooks and Castles store - why? why do they have to have snakes on EVERYTHING!? Neicey had go to get ready for her San Diego adventure w/ Rhes and Aaron so she left us to roam a little bit more. We finished up @ Johnny Cupcakes where I got my much wanted "Make Cupcakes not War" tee ;)


We still had a drive back to Orange and a night of clubbin in Hollywood ahead of us - augh - so we started our drive back... again, traffic. WTF LA?! Normally our 25 minute drive took us over an hour; boo. That cut unto my nap time. We got to Faye's place and tried to organize all of our shopping finds and pack our bags for our return home - that didn't really work, I fell asleep and was cranky when Kenji told me we had to get going to Highlands. RAWR.


Dressed and prepped and ready to head out for our last night in LA *tear*. Faye was sleepy so she stayed in - boo! Kenji and I hit Highlands (Happy Birthday Myron!) @ 12.30 like some uber special VIP. We by passed the VIP lineup, got my free entry and got jacked for my gum by security!? They allow lighters and cigs but she took my gum. huh!? Got inside and had a VIP bracelet slapped on my wrist and headed to the stage to kickit w/ the homies (shout outs to Walt, Al-Michael, Dean, John Magic, TK, & Steve). We managed to duck and dodge the bottles making their rounds. Saw some members of SuperCr3w and Jabba!


It's a typical thing for us to head out early from a club night but we came so late that the night ended pretty fast. Waited for Indo to finish his promoter duties and said by to everyone since we head home tomorrow *tear* I passed on the 3am food run (the only thing left on my itinerary) - I've been up for almost 20 hours; it was time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment