glasses - check
passport and id - check
everything on my packing list - check
cell phone - ?!?!
We left for the airport around 4.45 am this morning; checked into the airport only to realize I left my cell on our bed. WTF! So it started out a little rough... BUT as I pouted and we walked to gate C11 in a foul mood I see a sign "Waji's"... hahha that's what we lazies call Uwajimaya... get a little closer - it's a restaurant by Uwajimaya! Why would I want Sushi or Sake @ 4am though? read the menu and discover "Breakfast" Spam and eggs! I grubbed that down as the plane took off. Thank you Waji's for saving my morning!
We got into SNA around 9am... met up w/ Faye@ her and Tone's condo and ventured out to "The Block" had a scrumptious meal of frites and crepes - YUM - @ Eurostation, did some shopping, then knocked out cold for an afternoon nap while waiting for a hung over Indo and Jackie to come get us and take our fatty food cravings butts to Roscoes for some chicken and waffles. BOMB.COM and the mac and cheese and corn bread was hella good too! BC I was hella tired and lazy we took a drive down Pac Coast Hwy and saw how the richies do it big and the MILES of beach... so jealous!
Finally saw Tone ;) got ready for LAX and mobbed up to Hollywood for a night of drunkin socializing, dancing, reunited w/ Seattle friends (shout outs to BJ, Kay, Sunny, Cynthia, Jannell, and friends), and the So. Cal hospitality (shout outs to Indo, Jackie, and TK). I got to meet celebs Do-Knock and Vex from ABDC's Super Crew! and I also had my first share of "bottle to into mouth pouring experiences". Lotus vodka?! why does it sting the second it hits the tongue? thank you Indo for showing me how the rockstars do it! Got my first taste of a LA street dog (grilled hot dog wrapped in bacon, smothered w/ mayo and mustard w/ fatty onion slices... what can I say? I cannot wait to get a Seattle dog when we get home - doesn't even compared!
Kenji and I drove back to Orange w/ our TKO'd hosts in the back of the car. Stayed up until I saw the sun coming up chatting w/ Faye. and 24 hours after the start of this vacation - I finally went to bed!
Day one of our So. Cal adventure = a tiring success.
No comments:
Post a Comment